Tuesday 2 August 2016

My Only Muse

Throughout the month of July my church has been exploring the message in groups, giving us encouragement to explore the message of God, and gifting us the opportunity to interpret and share our thoughts or explore them in depth and take the time to hear what God is teaching. The Psalms delivering the messages this month inspired me to write my own take on what the message meant to me.

Psalm 139
(11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,and the light about me be night,
12 even the darkness is not dark to you the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you)

Sometimes when I crave the Darkness
It isn't to avoid You
Sometimes it is to protect myself from everything
Sometimes I want to be alone and wallow 
In my self pity, shame, failure

And even though You are beside me
You let me dissolve into the Darkness
Waiting for me to come into the Light
Welcoming me as though You've missed me
While You've been there all along

A phrase from a book quotes
"To despair is to turn your back on God"
I do not despair, or turn from You
As when I am in need of letting the Darkness consume me
I know You are waiting in the Light   

No comments:

Post a Comment